starting strength gym

Thread: Missing this weeks VD + recovery day

Default Missing this weeks VD + recovery day

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hey guys!

Due to travel and some unlucky circumstances, I'm going to miss today's Volume Day on TM, and Wednesdays Recovery Day. I've also done a deload week during Christmas, so I was really looking forward to starting proper work again this week.

Today I was going to squat 120kg 5x5 and bench 90kg 5x5 (265 and 215, I think), plus some DL variation or PCs.

What would you do? I'm back home on Wednesday evening, and can work out every day after that. What to do on Friday? Do something on Thursday because of the missed work earlier in the week? Maybe do Thursday + Saturday somehow? Open to any and all good ideas that will mitigate this setback.

Kyle Schuant Guest

This Friday I would just repeat last Friday's weights. Maybe do it as a set of "as many" if you feel like pushing yourself. Then next week proceed as though it were this week, ie do the VD you would have done on Monday, etc. Next week will probably be tough but unless you're already near the end of your TM progression you will be okay.

Thanks! I'm nowhere near the end of TM progression I think, will be entering my 5th week, and progress has been steady and unproblematic.