starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rack Pull Video Question

Default Rack Pull Video Question

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    In the video you mentioned adding the rack pull at the right time in your programming. I'm doing 1x5 for deadlift and just did 405x5 for my last deadlift seesion and I almost didn't finish the set. when you get to a point like this in your progression is it a good time to add rack pulls and halting deadlifts?

You'd be a likely candidate.

In your experience what is the best way to add rack pulls in? Right now other than deadlifting one set of five a week the only other pulling I do is I also power clean one time a week for five sets of three.

As I said in the video -- in which I manage to jabber for 15 agonizing minutes about a relatively simply movement, beating the shit out of all available minutia, for the express purpose of answering questions like this -- rack pulls alternate each week with the halting deadlift.

Right, thanks for the video and the answer

Around 13:00 was clearly the best part.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    As I said in the video -- in which I manage to jabber for 15 agonizing minutes about a relatively simply movement, beating the shit out of all available minutia, for the express purpose of answering questions like this -- rack pulls alternate each week with the halting deadlift.
    First, thanks for the video. I'm also getting to be a likely candidate for the movement, and really appreciated it, in all its minutiae.

Second, can we anticipate a similarly agonizing 15 minutes or so on the minutiae of halting deadlifts sometime in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    These instructional video's are greatly appreciated.....Thank you Mark.
    There is a lot of silly bullshit out there and I feel very fortunate to have a legitimate resource.
    Please keep jabbering about these simple movements.

Haltings are next.

starting strength coach development program
    Are rack pulls supposed to be done heavier than standard deadlifts because of the shorter range of motion?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast