starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Varbanov Weightlifting Certification

Default Varbanov Weightlifting Certification

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    For people in the Greater Toronto Area or Ontario (or wherever!) who are interested in Olympic Weightlifting. If you're looking to improve your coaching ability, improve upon your form, and/or want a reputable certification in Olympic Weightlifting then this course is for you. Head coach Alex Varbanov (1988 Olympic Bronze as well as many, many other achievements) offers top quality coaching and the qualifications to back it up. Check out the promotional video.

The course is from Nov 17-18 with an early bird special for those signing up before Nov 3. Please visit THIS site to sign up and for more information.

* I'm not sure if advertising is against the rules of this forum, but if it is and this post gets taken down, will the admin please PM me. Thank you.

I didn't know you were in Toronto DJC, which Crossfit are you at?

Course sounds interesting, way above my head currently though.

Cool, can't afford a seminar right now but does this guy do normal coaching sessions? It's nice to know there is a succesful OLY guy in the area if I need one.

Colour me jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Galaxy View Post
    I didn't know you were in Toronto DJC, which Crossfit are you at?

Course sounds interesting, way above my head currently though.
    I would at least try to have a bit of experience with the movement before I took the seminar personally, but you could likely still go from zero to pretty good over a weekend. I'm at Academy of Lions @ Ossington & Queen, the same place that's holding the cert and in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie View Post
    Cool, can't afford a seminar right now but does this guy do normal coaching sessions? It's nice to know there is a succesful OLY guy in the area if I need one.
    Yup. For the price you're better off taking the seminar and grabbing the cert though. But if you have a friend or two that want one on one coaching you could justify the price (199 +99 for each person - with a friend = 150. Up to like 3-4 people). For 2.5 hours that's pretty good. I might be interested in going splits with someone personally - I want the cert but I just started Oly like yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Rogers View Post
    Colour me jealous.
    I wasn't aware that was a colour :- P

Quote Originally Posted by DJC416 View Post
    I would at least try to have a bit of experience with the movement before I took the seminar personally, but you could likely still go from zero to pretty good over a weekend. I'm at Academy of Lions @ Ossington & Queen, the same place that's holding the cert and in the video.
    Cool, they had Matt Lalonde give a seminar on nutrition last year too that I'm sorry I missed.

Yup. For the price you're better off taking the seminar and grabbing the cert though. But if you have a friend or two that want one on one coaching you could justify the price (199 +99 for each person - with a friend = 150. Up to like 3-4 people). For 2.5 hours that's pretty good. I might be interested in going splits with someone personally - I want the cert but I just started Oly like yesterday.

I wasn't aware that was a colour :- P
    Awesome, pricey but for 2.5 hours I bet it's well worth it. Also nice to see you and Galaxy are in the GTA. I didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Galaxy View Post
    Cool, they had Matt Lalonde give a seminar on nutrition last year too that I'm sorry I missed.
    But, Mat Lalonde hates fruit. It's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Cohen View Post
    But, Mat Lalonde hates fruit. It's sad.
    Bananas will kill you...

Honestly I don't know if he is still on the fructose kick, the "what is Paleo" and "what is good/bad for you" seems to change every month. It used to piss me off a bit but at least they are being honest and telling you what they think right now instead of building up a dogmatic set of rules that don't accord with reality.

starting strength coach development program

Yup. (199 For 2.5 hours that's pretty good. I P

I'm gonna swing by and check this place out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast