starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Check

Default Squat Check

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hi. Anyone mind to tell me what i'm doing wrong?

I see things that are wrong.. bar path isn't straight, my balance gets off at times, I don't think I was head down in this video (though I'm getting better at remembering to do that) but I'm not sure how to correct it.

Also, it might not be apparent in the video, but my knees pull in sometimes... not always.. usually toward the end of my work sets.

I'm 5'10, M, 238lbs (and dropping)

This was my final work set at 165lbs

YouTube

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FatBack View Post
    Hi. Anyone mind to tell me what i'm doing wrong?

I see things that are wrong.. bar path isn't straight, my balance gets off at times, I don't think I was head down in this video (though I'm getting better at remembering to do that) but I'm not sure how to correct it.

Also, it might not be apparent in the video, but my knees pull in sometimes... not always.. usually toward the end of my work sets.

I'm 5'10, M, 238lbs (and dropping)

This was my final work set at 165lbs

YouTube

Thanks.
    Set your back angle and your knee position early in the movement. Start the movement by shoving your hips back and knees out, getting your knees above your toes and then freezing them there. Biggest thing I see is that you're not getting your back angle set properly in the descent.