starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Podcast 36: with Jordan Feigenbaum MD SSC

Default Podcast 36: with Jordan Feigenbaum MD SSC

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025

Is there a way to figure out which Starting Strength Coaches have active online consulting businesses?

All SSCs can coach a novice progression, but is there a way to figure out which have expertise in more specialized areas, such as competitive lifters, the elderly, nutrition?

Post the question in the staff coaches Q&A.

if you think rent is bad, you should see the housing prices.

Even for ocean-front Santa Monica, 3600/mo. seems pretty high. I had a friend who just graduated from UCLA anesthesiology and he was paying ~2800 at Sea Castle, although I think there was a bump b/c of the Expo line being finished.

Quote Originally Posted by saqadri9c View Post
    Even for ocean-front Santa Monica, 3600/mo. seems pretty high. I had a friend who just graduated from UCLA anesthesiology and he was paying ~2800 at Sea Castle, although I think there was a bump b/c of the Expo line being finished.
    Sea Castle apartments were a little less than what I'm paying, but much smaller and missing some amenities. Like I said, I'm not happy about it but it is what it is :/

It sounds like you are having 2 or 3 meals a day... Can you tell us more about your eating planning?

(I thought my rent was insane...)

This was very interesting. I was wondering how Jordan had the time for everything he does. I still am, actually.

One thing to consider regarding the 98.1% of people not doing the program as intended: I am not 100% sure how the data was aquired and especially, how much you had to deviate from the program to be considered to NDTP. But in my case I read something about Starting Strength on the internet, scraped together the information I could get about it online and decided to give it a go, to see if it worked. And it did, so after about 3-4 weeks I ordered the book and noticed how much of my initial information was wrong. Assuming I am not the only one who did it this way, maybe that explains a few things.

I'm not saying this was a good approach. Getting a coach (difficult in some areas of the world) or at least reading the book first would have been a lot smarter. But it is not very cheap (at least the paper version isn't) and with the state of false advertising and general bullshit in the fitness industry I have to admit I was sceptical at first. Very much sold now, I am promoting the book to everyone who wants to hear about it, but sceptical at first.

Quote Originally Posted by kanahan View Post
    It sounds like you are having 2 or 3 meals a day... Can you tell us more about your eating planning?

(I thought my rent was insane...)
    Nah I actually eat about 5-6x/day just because I have less time to eat bigger meals. I make a lot of food whenever I have a day off (or post call day) and pack 3 real meals per day. AM I do a smoothie I make at home. One meal is protein bar based and I'll usually grab something from the hospital or uber eats in some chipotle.

Quote Originally Posted by Toot View Post
    This was very interesting. I was wondering how Jordan had the time for everything he does. I still am, actually.

One thing to consider regarding the 98.1% of people not doing the program as intended: I am not 100% sure how the data was aquired and especially, how much you had to deviate from the program to be considered to NDTP. But in my case I read something about Starting Strength on the internet, scraped together the information I could get about it online and decided to give it a go, to see if it worked. And it did, so after about 3-4 weeks I ordered the book and noticed how much of my initial information was wrong. Assuming I am not the only one who did it this way, maybe that explains a few things.

I'm not saying this was a good approach. Getting a coach (difficult in some areas of the world) or at least reading the book first would have been a lot smarter. But it is not very cheap (at least the paper version isn't) and with the state of false advertising and general bullshit in the fitness industry I have to admit I was sceptical at first. Very much sold now, I am promoting the book to everyone who wants to hear about it, but sceptical at first.
    I assume this happen really frequently.

starting strength coach development program
    I mean no disrespect or trolling and it's a positive testament to the eclectic nature of the SS staff, but I was surprised when Feigenbaum mentioned he dates girls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast