starting strength gym
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post SSLP

Default Post SSLP

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I'm looking for recommendations for intermediate programs, I don't know which would be more beneficial for my strength/mass goals, I know programs like The Bridge, TM, Madcow, Westside, Candito LP/6 week, however I don't know which would be the best after the SSLP has finished.

First you'd have to tell us what your goals are, specifically. Then we'd have a chance to figure out which program matches. I don't know if Westside can be called a program but all these are meant to illicit some sort of strength and mass gain. My go to is HLM setup because it's so adjustable, but until you give more info it'll be hard to say more

Quote Originally Posted by kwermuth View Post
    First you'd have to tell us what your goals are, specifically. Then we'd have a chance to figure out which program matches. I don't know if Westside can be called a program but all these are meant to illicit some sort of strength and mass gain. My go to is HLM setup because it's so adjustable, but until you give more info it'll be hard to say more
    My main goal is strength, but I also want to grow in size/muscle mass, I've seen that upper/lower routines address pretty well in both strength and hypertrophy, but I'm not an expert so I'm not sure.

Kid, I remember your previous posts. You are 16 or 17, 135 lbs, haven't read the whole book, and now you want to know about intermediate programs. Just eat food, lift heavy, and quit worrying about stuff you aren't ready for. Do the program.

Quote Originally Posted by bracemaker View Post
    Kid, I remember your previous posts. You are 16 or 17, 135 lbs, haven't read the whole book, and now you want to know about intermediate programs. Just eat food, lift heavy, and quit worrying about stuff you aren't ready for. Do the program.
    I actually read the book, but I'm getting to the point that my progression it's going to stall, I know it is because my bodyweight, however I already talked about this in another thread, I don't want to gain 3-5 pounds per week, if my goal were purely strength I would have gained a lot of weight before, but at my age I don't want to become extremely fat just to lift a number.

Quote Originally Posted by sgarciac View Post
    I actually read the book, but I'm getting to the point that my progression it's going to stall, I know it is because my bodyweight, however I already talked about this in another thread, I don't want to gain 3-5 pounds per week, if my goal were purely strength I would have gained a lot of weight before, but at my age I don't want to become extremely fat just to lift a number.
    How much would you be willing to gain pr. week?

My main goal is strength, but I also want to grow in size/muscle mass, I've seen that upper/lower routines address pretty well in both strength and hypertrophy, but I'm not an expert so I'm not sure.
    But you don't want to eat lots of food and do the damn program. Listen dude, you're progression is not stalling because you need more advanced programming at 16 and 135. I don't think you understand how difficult it is to continually gain 3-5 lbs a week, how long it would last even if you were able to, and how "fat" you would actually get if you were training correctly while gaining the weight.

Please go back and read the long post you made where people argued over you gaining weight, and listen to the advice that was given to you from rip, andy, and the other coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by kwermuth View Post
    How much would you be willing to gain pr. week?
    Currently in gaining 0.5-1 pound per week, I don't have an exact number, but somewhere between those two ranges it's good for me.

but at my age I don't want to become extremely fat just to lift a number.
    You type as though you're in your sixties. Sweet Jesus kid, you're seventeen. If ever there were a time in your life when you should do everything possible to gain muscular bodyweight, it is now.

Who Wants to be a Novice? You Do - Mark Rippetoe

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by bracemaker View Post
    But you don't want to eat lots of food and do the damn program. Listen dude, you're progression is not stalling because you need more advanced programming at 16 and 135. I don't think you understand how difficult it is to continually gain 3-5 lbs a week, how long it would last even if you were able to, and how "fat" you would actually get if you were training correctly while gaining the weight.

Please go back and read the long post you made where people argued over you gaining weight, and listen to the advice that was given to you from rip, andy, and the other coaches.
    It's funny, lots of coaches where in favor that the appropriate way is to go for 3-5 lb per week, others that it's okay 1 lb per week. I don't want to argue about that in this thread, I'm looking for advises in more advanced programming for when the time comes, I'm not thinking on starting next week another program, and also I've been in doing my LP now for around 5-6 months, I know this phase lasts somewhere between 3-9 months, that's why I want to start searching on intermediate programming.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast