starting strength gym

Thread: Soft-Tissue Manipulation and Chiropractic Technique Resources?...

Default Soft-Tissue Manipulation and Chiropractic Technique Resources?...

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Rip,

I'm really wanting to expand my own knowledge of soft tissue manipulation learn how to do basic adjustments and other chiropractic basics. This would only be used for my own purpose and education and never to treat anyone other than myself and my close training partners.

Do you have any books you recommend? I know its somewhat of a hobby/passion for you and over the years you've developed a wealth of knowledge and skill in this area. For someone like me with over a decade of heavy strength training, coaching, and a fairly extensive foundation of knowledge concerning anatomy and biomechanics, do you have some resources you can point me towards?

I have a few laying around here, but I really never read anything other than standard anatomy references, of which Netter has been the most useful. I just paid attention when I was being manipulated, and then tried it. It's a timing and hand skill talent, and I've been to many chiropractors who were very bad at it, as well as several Magicians who could make me feel better instantly.

Orthopedic Manual Therapy - An Evidence Based Approach by Cook
    Manual Physical Therapy of the Spine by Olson

Netter is the best anatomy book I know of. Clinically Oriented Anatomy by Art Dalley and Keith Moore is our main anatomy text and makes a great compliment to Netter's Atlas.

Chiropractic Technique by Peterson is pretty good. It has plenty of technical detail and does a fair job of showing the force pathway.

It's been a few years since I've watched it, but there was a good video put out by a Chiropractor who went off the farm and decided that anybody should be able to do the simple adjustments. It's on VHS, but I've been meaning to digitize it. I'm not sure if it's being sold anymore, this might be it here, I'm not sure (like I said it's been a few years) : http://www.home-chiropractic.com/index.html