starting strength gym

Thread: Recovery from food poisoning.

Default Recovery from food poisoning.

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I got sick last Thursday night and had a dreadful night curled up in the bathroom in between bouts of violently expelling water out of one end or the other. It took until lunch the following day before I could get in and keep down even water and so by that time I had lost 10-12 lbs, down to 201. By Saturday morning I was able to get back onto solids and by the following morning I had regained pretty much all my lost weight. So, that’s 4 days that I’ve been back to my normal weight and eating pretty much as usual, but I still feel weak as hell. I’ve taken this week as a deload week (I’m running 5-3-1), but weights with which I managed 9 reps earlier in the cycle I really struggled to get even the 3 prescribed reps, especially with the squat. I expected this on Tuesday, but was surprised and disappointed about it still feeling like that today.

What is your experience for the time course of normalization after an experience and weight loss like this? Other than rest and getting in calories, have you advice for facilitating recovery?

It takes a while, and a week would not be sutrprising.. Up your mineral intake quite a bit, and eat a little sugar for a couple of days.