starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fatigued all the time. Amateur golfer doing golf on non training days.

Default fatigued all the time. Amateur golfer doing golf on non training days.

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Ok guys 6 weeks on SS and liking the gains. been an on and off gym rat for better part of a decade but only seeing and surpassing my previous bests while doing starting strength.

lifts have all progressed with the exception of the bench and the milpress. seems like i run out of gas and seem fatigued all the time. nutrition and rest is on check. although i go to the driving range on non training days to practice my golf.

been playing a lot off tourneys laterly and have noticed that i get gassed on the later part of the round. although overall i am playing better golf.

i do the MWF Split, go to the range on tues/thursdays for about an hr. while i play on either sat and sun.

on tournament days that usually are fri and monday i just do SS workouts after my game..

since the start of the SS program i added weighted pull ups on A days and weighted dips on B days. should i drop this altogether?

i will have another tourney next week for 2 days but thats the last for a few weeks. i see the gains but feeling a little under rested lately. just came from a 3 day tourney last week Won the championship but got sick after that and has affected my lifts.

need advice, right now my priority is my SS so if that means limiting my weekley range sessions willing to do that.

my guess is that you're too skinny and you're not eating enough.

po
    st some statistics to counter that argument.

I've only ever felt weak when I'm underfed.

The fact that your bench and overhead press have not progressed suggests that you aren't eating enough. Occam's Razor. Everything should progress at the beginning.
    Last edited by RobCor; 03-13-2012 at 11:45 AM.

How old are you?

i am 35 years old.

stats are current bench 175 3 5
    milpress 95 3 5
    squat 225 3 5
    deadlift 250 3 5
    PC getting coached on this lift and starting at a low 135 while i work on form

yes im skinny 5'11 170 i used to be 160 20% fat after my injury now im 170 14%. i did a lot of crossfit and basic gymwork after my injury. was bedridden for about 3 months and was sidelined from any form of physical activity after i busted 4 discs l4,l5,s1,s2

been around year and a half since then. discovered starting strength and the rest is history.

What was your weight when you started SS?

You gloss over your eating habits but I'm pretty sure that's the reason you are constantly tired.

At 5'11 and 170lbs, you could easily carry quite a bit more weight/muscle. I think your body might still be adapting to the heavier lifting. I felt hammered until about three months into SS. Keep up your current pace and see how you feel after a few weeks of no tourneys on the weekends. Try and get some rest and re-charge the next couple of weekends. And, as others have suggested, eat big.

Thanks guys. Weight before starting strength was 162-163
    I think all these tourneys are to blame prior to these I was ok,
    Then again the weights were lighter.

I will take your advice and eat more and recharge. Next week is
    My last tourney . Funny is I started SSto improve my golf
    Now I actually look forward to the gym more. Goal is to get to 185
    And to get stronger for my golf

What do you eat?

Jsutt Guest

starting strength coach development program
    Surely golf isn't that intense a physical activity, it's just walking. I surfed a lot during my LP and still came out of it with not terrible numbers, and that's definitely harder than driving range practice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast