starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Rogue Shoes

Default 2012 Rogue Shoes

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    The site says these are pretty much the same size as regular shoes. Has that been everybody's experience?

I have wide feet. I generally wear a size 10 in tennis shoes to accommodate the width, but my work boots are like an 8 1/2 double or triple E.

Any comments on these shoes? Heel height, etc.?

I haven't purchased any lifting shoes before *gasp*.

I have the 2011 Rogue Do-Wins. I also wore EEE boots and these fit just fine.

And I'm not sure you read the entire description, otherwise you wouldn't be asking about the heel height.

The Rogue Shoes have a .75" Heel Height....

If these shoes do not fit, just send them back and we will send you a new pair!

Thanks Jonathan.

I was more curious about people's opinion regarding if .75" felt good to them, or if they preferred a different height for some reason. I did read the Rogue site carefully.

Gotcha.

Can't comment on different heel heights. These are the only lifting shoes I've had.

I don't deadlift in them, but I do everything else. That was just a preference.

The regular size fit pretty well in the 2011. This are the only shoes that I have used too so can't comment on different heel heights of other shoes. If first lifting shoes though, recommend a slight reset to get use to the difference. Mine seemed to make me feel like I was pitching forward at first. after a few sessions though they became rather comfortable and helped with the hip drive.

i got two pairs of the current do win.
    grey
    white.

im a solid size 10 US, UK 9 euro 43.
    ordered the 43 but it was way to large and their labelling was that it was a US9.5

ordered the EURO 42. fits so well strange it says us 8.5.

so their 8.5usa = all my other sneakers and training shoes that are a legitimate US10

Heel is fine use it for all my workouts but might deadlift without em

I switched from the ~1" Adistars to the 2011 Rogues with no impact on the slow lifts. I did have to work a bit on getting my shoulders back a bit more in my snatch, as the lower heel promotes a bit more forward lean, but this hasn't been a huge issue. As someone with short femurs, there's no reason to use a huge heel, and indeed my knees seem to like the lower heel.

I purchased the cheaper WeiRui (Wei-Rui? Wei Rui?) maestros from maxbarbell.com. They cost about $65 for an all leather weightlifting shoe that I, two months on, really like. Use the search to find my complete review. Hint - buy em smaller.

I also have wider-ish feet, although I didn't realize it until I tried on different pairs of lifting shoes. My R foot is also slightly wider than my L, making things extra annoying.

The Rogues are the only pair I tried on that fit pretty comfortably. For the 2k12 shoes, I had to drop down a size from my older pairs. This may have just been because I got more comfortable with tighter shoes.

In any case, they're good, and you should try them if you're worried about your feet width.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    I purchased the cheaper WeiRui (Wei-Rui? Wei Rui?) maestros from maxbarbell.com. They cost about $65 for an all leather weightlifting shoe that I, two months on, really like. Use the search to find my complete review. Hint - buy em smaller.
    Were you pretty happy with the customer services at maxbarbell? Shoes came quickly and all that?

Some of the reasons I was going to go with the Rogues are because I've equipped 95% of my home gym through them and have always been pleased with their service and equipment. Plus, I read the Rogues work well for us wide footed folks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast