starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't find a place to use my Prowler

Default Can't find a place to use my Prowler

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    My yard and driveway aren't suitable for using the Prowler. There is a somewhat flat area of grass across the street that is HOA property -- the Prowler tore nasty skids in the grass. (Our topsoil is this horrible clay, which is slick mud when it's wet and crumbles into powder when it's dry, and it doesn't hold the grass down well).

I tried the street in front of the house and it left visible white gouges in the street with each pass.

I can't think of a single place where I would be allowed to use the damn thing. There are a couple vacated shopping centers a few miles away, but the lots are frequented by the police and they're in shitty parts of town.

So what am I supposed to do here? Where are other people finding a place to use this?

Visible white gouges.

Gouges or marks?

Not really sure what to do with this post, so I'll post it and see what other say.

Deep scratches, under each of the skis - I can only guess that it dragged small particles underneath because the ski surfaces aren't damaged at all.

Covered parking lot, like under a suburban office building, after or before hours. They're often concrete, not asphalt, so less friction.

Any nearby alleys? My old gym was in a warehouse-type area, and we just used the driveway/parking lot area.

Church parking lots work well for me, only full a couple times a week and they're everywhere. All our local mid and high schools have artificial turf football fields which sucks for them but it makes for good prowling. Depending on the condition of the skis you may tear up the turf, I'm actually getting a second pair just for that... It's also much quieter, you'll just have to bring a little extra weight since you don't get the same resistance.

Are they actually gouges? The marks I make when I use a prowler disappear pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul1 View Post
    My yard and driveway aren't suitable for using the Prowler. There is a somewhat flat area of grass across the street that is HOA property -- the Prowler tore nasty skids in the grass. (Our topsoil is this horrible clay, which is slick mud when it's wet and crumbles into powder when it's dry, and it doesn't hold the grass down well).

I tried the street in front of the house and it left visible white gouges in the street with each pass.

I can't think of a single place where I would be allowed to use the damn thing. There are a couple vacated shopping centers a few miles away, but the lots are frequented by the police and they're in shitty parts of town.

So what am I supposed to do here? Where are other people finding a place to use this?
    The "visible white gouges" are just the prowler scrapping off a smidgen of tar and exposing the lighter colored rock in the aggregate. You'll be fine. My prowler leaves similar marks; I haven't been arrested yet.
    Tell the neighbors to either "fuck off or join you" when they comment on the noise.

Just use it on your street. I use mine in my alley (HOA)and I am not worried about any damage to pavement. It doesn't really leave any permanent damage. I just consider the time ( for noise)and don't do it at 3 am or anything inconsiderate.

starting strength coach development program
    High school parking lots. Public school athletic fields or tracks. Parks where there are baseball fields.

Is there a crossfit gym near you? Go there and push the prowler in the inevitable warehouse-district parking lot where they push their prowlers. Just give the gym owner a heads up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast