starting strength gym

Thread: USAW Club Coach certification

Default USAW Club Coach certification

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Rip,

I read a post in which you comment that the Club Coach cert is more worthwhile than the Sports Performance one. My training certifications are about to expire, and since the majority of certifications are SHIT in my opinion, I wanted one that's worth my time and money and carries a bit of weight.

I see, however, that there is an annual certification fee as well as a yearly re-certification test for the USAW certs. My question is whether this cert will be worth the upkeep, continued monetary investment and yearly re-test for my purposes.

I have your CrossFit branded Basic Barbell certification already, but I would like some additional firsthand instruction in the Olympic lifts to cap off my experience. Barbell training in general is my forte, and I enjoy learning. Thoughts?

Stacey

I don't know about the Club Coach course now since we have not taught it in several years. There was also an athlete production requirement, IIRC. Others may have more productive input about this, but I have little positive to say about USAW.

It looks like Coach Burgener is still doing Crossfit certs for Olympic lifting. If instruction in the Olympic lifts is the goal, more than the need to be USAW certified, perhaps that is an option.

You'll learn much more from Mike than you will from any USAW curriculum.