starting strength gym

Thread: Heavy Starr Programming

Default Heavy Starr Programming

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Coach,

Thinking of trying the Heavy-Heavy-Light variation listed on pg. 194 of PPFST but wondering about the volume required in each workout. How many sets of 3, 5 or 8 reps do I need to perform for Bench, Squats and Press?

Thanks in advance.

It varies. The 2nd edition of PPST at the printer now has examples of these programs in detail, if you can wait about a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It varies. The 2nd edition of PPST at the printer now has examples of these programs in detail, if you can wait about a month.
    I only recently bought PPST

Curious Rip what other changes did you make?

Default I'll preorder if possible

Mark;

Can I pre order the 2nd addition Practical Programming via your Website?
    Thanks.

Is the subjective difficulty table on page 195 useful for determining this?

DAM!!! I just bought a new copy of PP....
    Well, guess I'll be buying the new one too... Thanks in advance for the work you put into it, sure it's going to be great.

Question? In your opinion will it be recommended to completely reread or just pick the new info?

The 2nd edition PPST is not a major rewrite like the 2nd edition of SS:BBT was. It is a polish and clarification of the same stuff from the first edition. It's a much better book, and it has the aforementioned example workouts in place of the chronically misused and misunderstood standards tables, along with revised illustrations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The 2nd edition PPST is not a major rewrite like the 2nd edition of SS:BBT was. It is a polish and clarification of the same stuff from the first edition. It's a much better book, and it has the aforementioned example workouts in place of the chronically misused and misunderstood standards tables, along with revised illustrations.
    Thanks, will add it to my list for future purpose. The workout programs might save me some time when I get to a more advanced level. Thanks for all the time and work.

starting strength coach development program
    damn i just bought ss:bbt 2nd ed., ppst and "strong enough?" together on amazon.. will be at my doorstep tomorrow.

at least it wasnt a huge rewrite.

and also i read some of the samples from strong enough and i must say you're an excellent writer. thanks for the books rip.

i've already read ss:bbt and when it comes in my 50 year-old mother is going to read it and then start on the program. keep in mind she knows next to nothing about barbell training.

feels good knowing i'm able to teach someone correctly from the ground up rather than have to make her unlearn all of the myths and bad habits the average weightlifter now-a-days acquires in your typical gym.