starting strength gym

Thread: Nagging Hip/Back Injury

Default Nagging Hip/Back Injury

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Rip,

First off, I have looked at the sticky and I don't think I have a muscle belly tear. I'm 23 years old and I'm in very good health, no history of injuries. For the past month and a half or so I've had a nagging pain in the back of my hip, kind of at the same height as my sacrum but over to the left maybe 4 inches. I thought I did it while deadlifting, but I've been deadlifting ever since with no issues, but it is bothering me when I squat. Some days it's barely noticeable, and other days it bothers me around the house when I walk up and down stairs or when I bend over the wrong way. I did 3x5 at 260 lbs, a heavy set for me, a couple of days ago and it wasn't really an issue, but today I tried squatting heavy and I couldn't get it to loosen up. Just taking 245 lbs out of the rack and standing with it hurt like hell, so I abandoned that idea and did front squats instead.

About a week or two after I first started having the pain, I went away on vacation and took about a week and half off, and since the pain was never that bad in the first place, I figured it would be 100% when I got back, but it stuck with me. For the past couple of weeks, I've been trying to stretch it out a lot throughout the day, doing plenty of warm-up before workouts, but it just won't go away. I'm really pissed off about it because I don't think it's anything major, it just feels like a strain, but it won't go away, and it is interfering with my workouts. Any ideas?

Get an orthopod to look at your hip joint. The pain you describe is perhaps in that area.