starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check

Default Deadlift form check

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I've been having trouble keeping my back flat on Deadlifts, so I dropped my weight from 315 to 275. I feel like my first 2 reps look decent (I might be wrong), but my form degrades horribly as the set goes on. The bar even shook on the way up on the third rep as I tried to keep my back flat.

Do I need to deload even more to work on this? Besides my back rounding, is there anything else that looks horribly wrong with these?

Thank you in advance for the advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTEL...ature=youtu.be

From this video, I'm left with a question and suggestion.

Question: are your feet a little wide?

Suggestion: Finish your setup. Last thing after you get your shins against the bar is to raise your chest, hard. This properly sets the back. I do not see this occuring in your video.

Thanks Mac. I feel like my feet are pretty close together, but I know that Rip recommends I get my stance "closer than (I) think it needs to be". I feel like I'm pulling the chest up, but when I look at this video, it appears that you're correct. I'm going to do my best emphasize this movement more, and take another video of my set on Wednesday. Thanks!

It doesn't look like you set up with the bar over your midfoot (bar is moving backwards into you on the way up), remember set up so your shins are an inch away from the bar.