starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8 weeks 1/2 Gomad: Doc said i should stop drinking milk for a while

Default 8 weeks 1/2 Gomad: Doc said i should stop drinking milk for a while

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hello,

i have a big problem. Since a few days i have stomachache from drinking milk. I drank 1/4 gallon in the morning and 1/4 gallon in the evening. I went to my Doc yesterday and she said i should stop drinking milk for a while. In a few weeks i can try to drink milk again, but i shouldnt drink to much.

I'm 1.89m (6,2") and my weight is 75kg (165lbs). I need the Milk to gain weight. I cant eat more. I try to eat more every meal, i try to eat between my meals... but just milk worked out for me.

What should i do now? I can try it with coke, but seriously, i wont destroy my Body with a big amount of sugar.

Greetings from Austria
    Storm

Sound's like your lactose intolerant, see if you can source lactose free milk this worked for me.

Coconut milk is a possible substitute for calories and a vehicle for whey powder, but it's more expensive. Tastes great and very healthy though.

stonerider Guest

you could try raw milk

or just buy a mass gainer

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    Coconut milk is a possible substitute for calories and a vehicle for whey powder, but it's more expensive. Tastes great and very healthy though.
    I was going to yell at you and say you don't know what you're talking about, but this actually looks kind of interesting thx for the tip. http://articles.latimes.com/2010/mar...n-lab-20100322 i'll check it out as something to drink for a change.

OP, i 2nd the lactose free milk option. Another option is just to get yourself some Lactaid or similar store brand equivalent (which is actually the same stuff that the lactose free milk was treated with, you're just doing the treatment in your stomach )

stonerider Guest

i remember reading somewhere that a lot of people who have problems with milk are actually allergic to the milk fat and not the lactose

Have you tried taking lactase pills along with the milk?

Quote Originally Posted by stonerider View Post
    i remember reading somewhere that a lot of people who have problems with milk are actually allergic to the milk fat and not the lactose
    http://www.jacn.org/content/24/suppl_6/582S.full less than 0.5 percent of adults are alergic to cow's milk.

Whereas even Austrians (http://www.scipharm.at/download.asp?id=709) claim 2% to 15% lactose intollerence in Northern European adults. Furthermore it's dose dependent. Downing a liter of milk is a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by stormnight View Post
    I drank 1/4 gallon in the morning and 1/4 gallon in the evening.
    Did you drink 1/4 of a gallon in one sitting twice per day?

starting strength coach development program
    Have you tried drinking the same total, but spread out more over the day? For example a pint or 12oz at a time?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast