starting strength gym

Thread: Power clean form check

Default Power clean form check

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    Hi can I get some feedback on my power clean please? Looks pretty sloppy to me and I struggle getting my arms in the rack position like a front squat. Thanks.
    Power clean form check - YouTube

These are actually pretty good. Two easy adjustments:

1. Think chest up as the bar travels between the floor and your knees. Right now your torso miiiight be a bit too horizontal, forcing you to do a big swing of the hip joint after the bar crosses your knees.
    2. When you go to full extension, the bar is a bit further away from your body than I would like. This seems to also force you to jump forward a bit to rack it. It'll stay closer if you really focus on shrugging harder with your shoulders when going to full extension.

1. I don't think you're too far over, for what it's worth. Your starting position looks okay to me.
    2. You aren't really jumping. You're trying to reverse curl the weight. DO NOT try to curl the weight up. Relax your hands. Flex your triceps. When the weight hits your mid-thigh, jump as high as you can. Shove your elbows forward to catch the bar on your delts. No need to think about shrugging at this point. Just do as I've stated above.