starting strength gym

Thread: hip joint pain

Default hip joint pain

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Coach Rip, hello I am writing you today from Colorado. I bought your book starting strength about 2 months ago and I've been on the program faithful ever since. in the last couple weeks however I have noticed a pain in my left hip.the pain is in the front of my hip but quite deep in which leads me to believe near the joint. Interestingly enough it is more painful when I get to the top of the squat, I don't feel it when I go down low.its when I'm coming up and straightening up I can feel it. I have been using some ibuprofen and some ice it hasn't really gotten any better or any worse.the pain is only about a three on a scale of 1 to 10 so it would be no problem to continue to push through the pain. However the main reason for my question is what about joint damage my main concern for this is because my father has had to have his hip replaced and so I am cautious about not wanting to do permanent joint damage I'm writing you today to ask your thoughts on if you have heard of somebody damaging the hip joint itself and what what that pain feels like and how it manifests itself.my guess is it's a muscle deep down inside but I just I want to know your opinion on that thank you for your time and I really enjoy your book I'm having excellent gains sincerely J Wally

I don't know of anyone who damaged his acetabulum by squatting properly.

Thanks Coach