starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Rogue WL Shoes with 1/2" Heel

Default New Rogue WL Shoes with 1/2" Heel

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Thought some people might be interested in these since you can no longer get the Rip shoes and everything else on the market as a 3/4" heel. Should be better than those Adidas Powerlifts with the 0.6" heel since these heels are wooden and non-compressible.

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-we...s-1-2-heel.php

Quote Originally Posted by AdamW View Post
    Thought some people might be interested in these since you can no longer get the Rip shoes and everything else on the market as a 3/4" heel. Should be better than those Adidas Powerlifts with the 0.6" heel since these heels are wooden and non-compressible.

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-we...s-1-2-heel.php

I'd like to get these to replace my VS Athletics (nothing wrong with them), but I don't think I can justify the $119 price tag. Didn't they used to be cheaper?

Look pretty nice, just beware everyone!!!

CAUTION: THESE WILL BUILD INSANE INTENSITY INTO YOUR LIFTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie View Post
    Look pretty nice, just beware everyone!!!

CAUTION: THESE WILL BUILD INSANE INTENSITY INTO YOUR LIFTS!

In that case, they might be worth the $119 afterall!

Its like they read my training log. LOL

Definitely going to snag a pair of these. Thouuuuuuuuuughhhhhhhh the black romaleos are just so swagged out... UGH

shoes I am like a women with lifting shoes.

I thought I was good with my 2012 Rogue Do wins, but these just had to pop up. Now, I'm wondering if I should go ahead and get the 0.5", because I actually prefer the feel of squatting with minimal shoes. However, I still always use the Do wins when squatting because it feels more stable as a base.
    Last edited by Nate-L; 02-20-2013 at 04:42 PM. Reason: grammar

Been reading lots of negative feedback on the quality of the old rogue shoes(heel falling apart, shoe tearing easily) not sure if there is any truth behind that?
    Anyone know the risto olympico heel height for a size 11? I know they make different heels for different sizes but they never mention the actual heel height for any size

One day they'll sale lifting shoes at the local shoe store and the world would be a better place

I was looking at these today, too. I like them but wasn't sure about the 3/4 inch heel or the half, excuse my noobness, but which is better? Seems the smaller would be better for low bar to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Haggit View Post
    I was looking at these today, too. I like them but wasn't sure about the 3/4 inch heel or the half, excuse my noobness, but which is better? Seems the smaller would be better for low bar to me.
    Totally depends on the person.

But for a vague idea, how long are your legs in comparison to your torso? If they are long then a big heel helps, if you have short legs & long torso then flat shoes will be best.

(just a vague idea remember, it depends on the person and other details)

This is also just regarding back squats. For front squats and O-lifts I think pretty much everyone would appreciate a generous heel, some more than others. If you have bad ankle flexibility then a bigger heel can make up for it.
    Last edited by Dastardly; 02-20-2013 at 08:36 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    What is the difference between Do-Wins from Rogue, Pendlay, Power Firm, et al? Is Do-Win the actual manufacturer?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast