starting strength gym

Thread: Big thank you to John Petrizzo and Nick D'Agastino - SS coaches on Long Island!

Default Big thank you to John Petrizzo and Nick D'Agastino - SS coaches on Long Island!

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I just got back from training with Starting Strength coaches John Petrizzo and Nick D'Agastino, and want to tell everyone on Long Island to send them a message if they need coaching. They were very accommodating and knowledgeable, and really cool guys - but stern when you're under the bar. I've been in a tough situation with my training, constantly stalling on everything, and they were exactly what I needed and I can't thank them enough. Even after reading the SSBBT multiple times I've had issues with my lifts, and they noticed my problem(s) right away. There's a lot to think about when you're under the bar - and for me a good coach was absolutely necessary to give me the right cues at the right time to learn the feel of lifting correctly.

JP and Nick are good guys and good coaches. Glad you were able to get with them for coaching. As you can already tell, your lifting is the better for it.

Glad to hear that, as I'm in pretty well the *exact* same boat as you...at least until you had coaching. Might be heading to Montreal in July, but that's an awful long time away. And I dunno if the coaches listed in the directory are even still there/active.

A testament to the selection process Rip, Stef and the staff have. I have not seen anyone that did not have great things to say about a trip to see an SSC.

Glad you listened to all the "find a coach" encouragement you got on your post in Rip's forum. Makes a huge difference, doesn't it? There's no substitution for it.

Now when you post to the technique forum, it'll just be for tune-up.