starting strength gym

Thread: DL or PC?

Default DL or PC?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I was reviewing the novice section in pp3. The novice program shows Dl the same day as the press and PC the same day as bench. Does it matter if you Dl the day you bench or vice versa? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pjystrength View Post
    I was reviewing the novice section in pp3. The novice program shows Dl the same day as the press and PC the same day as bench. Does it matter if you Dl the day you bench or vice versa? Thanks.
    Not a huge difference, in my opinion. Why do you want to set it up this way?

I am in week 9 of the novice linear progression and just realized that I am set to Dl with bench days next week. I am just starting To PC and looks like it will be with my press. Long story short I wanted to make sure the bench wouldn't interfere with my DL.

Quote Originally Posted by pjystrength View Post
    I am in week 9 of the novice linear progression and just realized that I am set to Dl with bench days next week. I am just starting To PC and looks like it will be with my press. Long story short I wanted to make sure the bench wouldn't interfere with my DL.
    Might be a little better off with the slightly lower stress of the press vs. bench, but it's actually suggested that you squat, bench, and DL on the same day when prepping for a meet, because you have to perform all 3 lifts in the same day. I don't think it will mess up your programming, but if you miss a day somewhere in there and want to start up again with the lifts on the prescribed days, that wouldn't be terrible either.

Thanks for feedback!

starting strength coach development program
    Rip says it doesn't matter, but I cant link you because the post was lost to a forum crash. If you read ss carefully you'll notice the text in the programming section doesn't match the table outlining the program. One is bench/pc and the other bench/dl.
    Last edited by Nate; 08-17-2014 at 03:00 AM.