starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift Form check 100Kg

Default Deadlift Form check 100Kg

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi coaches,

I posted a squat video just a minute ago but here is my deadliest video again after my deload (WAS DOING 115Kg).

I am following the 5 step procedure for the deadlift as stated in SS 3rd edition. Am I squeezing my chest up enough? and are these are bumper plates I am using...are the official diameter of what would be used in olympics/ in an SS gym in America?

Most importantly can I keep adding weight to my deadlift? Just need the okay from the coaches and will up the ante if my form is okay!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH_QB...ature=youtu.be

thanks!

You are putting the bar a little too close to your shins. This results in your shoulders being too far forward of the bar. Drop your butt slightly. Drag the bar all the way up the legs.

Am I squeezing my chest up enough?
    Yes, you are.

and are these are bumper plates I am using...are the official diameter of what would be used in olympics/ in an SS gym in America?
    They look fine to me, but you could answer this question yourself with a tape measure and an Internet search engine.

Make the corrections above and keep adding weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    You are putting the bar a little too close to your shins. This results in your shoulders being too far forward of the bar. Drop your butt slightly. Drag the bar all the way up the legs.

Yes, you are.

They look fine to me, but you could answer this question yourself with a tape measure and an Internet search engine.

Make the corrections above and keep adding weight.
    Thanks coach for the reply. So shins a little further away and ass a bit down? I was under the impression that after you put hands to bar and knees to bar the hips stay in the same place? but after looking at the video I am kind of more horizontal than normal. How much shall I drop the but?

Thanks again coach

You are starting with the bar too close to your shins. Getting the bar about an inch away will help solve the issue.