starting strength gym

Thread: Suggestions for Getting Back to Work Please

Default Suggestions for Getting Back to Work Please

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I'm trying to heal some golfers elbow and a stress fracture in my foot. I'm a little over a week into a 3 week break where I've just been doing conditioning on the bike. I had the thought to start with double overhand deadlifts at 3x5 and light, since they irritate the elbow the least and if I do them this way it should strengthen my grip quite a bit (which should help with the elbow?). At least I'll be getting some back and legs work in. I think the foot will be ok doing them as well since it's 0 impact. I'll add lat pulldowns in the next week, then hopefully squats and presses, and finally power cleans and chinups.

The golfers elbow started last Feb or so and all I did was take a couple weeks off from chins and power cleans. It's no better even though I recently worked my chins back up to 5 sets of 9at body weight.

Comments and suggestions from the peanut gallery are welcome.

You should probably throw in some wrist extensor work along with the deadlifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Regin Smidur View Post
    You should probably throw in some wrist extensor work along with the deadlifts.
    Cool, it sounds like you agree that strengthening my grip is my best shot. That's one of the hints I got searching around here.

I would suggest getting some IRONMIND rubber bands for your extensors. I used to do some brutal work on a tugboat manhandling 5 inch diameter multi-braid working lines and it was all hand over hand pulling night and day. The stuff is incredibly heavy and pliable, and if I didn't get my 3x12/4x a week or so with my expand your hands, my elbows were screaming. Give those a shot for a week or so and you might feel much relief in the elbow area.

Air