starting strength gym

Thread: My spine.

Default My spine.

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Can people please take a look at my spine around the sacrum/lumbar area. I was just glancing at it when I realized it looks like the vertabre is out of alignment.
    I'm not looking for a professional diagnosis but I would like to hear some opinions.

Thanks.

Edit. Bollocks, I can't upload on my phone. I'll keep trying.

Default Paul's Spine

You're not looking for a professional diagnosis? What are you looking for, a bunch of amateurs to tell you a bunch of uninformed crap? Perhaps you should get a professional diagnosis? Maybe?
    And yes, everyone's spine is imperfect - that how chiros make their $$ by convincing you that you are "out of alignment" and need months of treatment.

Compared to my spine it looks good, I have scoliosis and lordosis. If you're worried go with it to a traumatologist, if you think you need an "alignment" go to a osteopath. I get "re-alignments" done from time to time, I can just recommend it, here I pay 25 EUR so it's affordable.

if the only reason you're concerned is that you happened to glance at this x-ray and think you see something out of alignment...you have nothing to worry about with your spine.

I just wanted to hear a couple of opinions and discuss it a little. And when I day I glanced at it I mean I took a look after having a day of pain. My chiro thinks fuck all is wrong with me but I get a lot of hip pain and if I hang from a pull up bar and let my spine fully extend I get a ton of pressure around my sacrum. I know its not a great x ray but it shows the area I was concerned about.

The problem is that your spine is horizontal, it needs to be vertical to carry load efficiently.

I'd see a good chiropractor to have it rotated 90 degrees ASAP.

Disclaimer: I'm not a spine-doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSC View Post
    The problem is that your spine is horizontal, it needs to be vertical to carry load efficiently.

I'd see a good chiropractor to have it rotated 90 degrees ASAP.

Disclaimer: I'm not a spine-doctor.
    I was more worried about the fact that it looks like there are boobs on the right side of the photo.

From what I have been given to understand an xray is not very helpful, an MRI is much better. Still, no one's spine is perfectly align. I have two herniated discs and nothing makes me feel as good as doing the main lifts.

starting strength coach development program
    Try turning it 90 degrees.