starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Feedback and Deadlift Intervention

Default Squat Feedback and Deadlift Intervention

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago that is now closed asking for some Deadlift help. Thanks, Tom, for the advice, but I need another look from you at the Deadlift. I'm still having a ton of trouble, particularly with rounding and flexing with the load. I also have a Squat video that I wouldn't mind getting some feedback on. Here are the links:

Squat: 250 x 5 - YouTube
    Deadlift: 295 x 5 - YouTube

(For your sake, Tom, I apologize for that bitch, Britney playing during the Deadlift. T-Swizzle fo shizzle, dude.)

I have a few questions:
    Are there any SSCs in Canada, particularly the Toronto area?
    Should I ditch Deadlifting in the Olympic shoes and go to a flat shoe?
    Should I try the Lower Back Control exercise Rip used with Zach in the video?

Thanks,

Dimitri

I rarely listen to video checks, although I am okay with Britney, especially Britney of more recent vintage. Till the World Ends is a pretty good tune. It is particularly interesting for a pop song because the chorus is really strong, but doesn't full drop until 2:45. That is big deviation from the pop song play book. Further, the work that went in to that video is nothing short of immense. Britney is a talented performer. Her voice is not as pleasing as some of her contemporaries, but she makes the best of what she has. I probably like Rhianna better, but I have a soft spot in my heart for Ms. Spears.

Yes, my friends, we don't just comment on squatting videos here. We also discuss pop divas and heavy metal in this forum. Those two genres mix well together in my opinion.

I only watched your deadlift in keeping with the sticky policy, but I do have some commentary. You need to get tighter on the deads. Your footwear will not make you hold your spine in extension. I would keep the lifting shoes. You need to squeeze your spinal erectors harder and you need to get tighter off the ground. You let everything go as you apply force to the bar. A coach would definitely help. While he is no longer a Starting Strength Coach, Alex Cibiri out in Mississauga knows this stuff and can coach it. Look him up. Also, try the exercise from the Zach video. It won't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Alex Cibiri out in Mississauga knows this stuff and can coach it. Look him up.
    +1.

I've been coached by Alex regularly this year. He is amazing.

Thanks, Tom. Will keep this in mind and follow up with videos this coming week.