starting strength gym

Thread: Power Clean Check

Default Power Clean Check

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    1/19/16 Power Clean - 135# - YouTube

One thing I notice straight away is that I'm not getting my elbows around the bar far enough/ fast enough, so I'm catching in my hands then rolling to the shoulders. How does everything else look?

Since you've already commented on your main issue (and you should review chapter 6 of SS:BBT on this topic, specifically Figures 6-44 through 6-45, and the surrounding text), I'll add that you should probably try a hook grip as well. Your set-up needs work since you pull three reps from three different positions. See the set-up procedure detailed in the link "About pulls from the floor" in the sticky at the top of this forum. You're hopping around at the top of each rep in order to lift the bar higher onto your choulder - remember, the bar is CAUGHT by the shoulder, not the hands. Go get the bar with the shoulder - forget about your hands. Finally: Shoes. Get some.

Thanks for the advise. Will definitely re-read those sections. Regarding the setup, should I stand up and completely re-setup between each rep? Also, proper weight lifting shoes are ordered and should be here today or tomorrow.

You generally have to repeat the set-up, yes. I would imagine you're probably having the same problem with the deadlift.