starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift 310Lbs \ 140KG

Default Deadlift 310Lbs \ 140KG

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    140kg*4
    I had the power for another rep but I didnt wont to take the risk of a rounding back.
    I would like to know what you guys think about my technique.
    Thanks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgZz...ZKgkPa3um3ubFw

looks good to me
    I'm no expert though

Your head and gaze is not according to SS recommendations, but many people deadlift like that.
    If you haven't tried to look down, I would recommend that you try it and decide if you like it better or not.

heman is being far too generous.

Overall, I'd say it's pretty awful. Low back never looks properly set and rounds on every rep. You're all over the place in setting up: your attempt to be aggressive just results in you being loose and frantic. You push the bar forwards with your knees during set up then you lose it way forward on each rep. The neck hyperextension needs to be addressed - and your weird habit of turning your head to your right when you lower the bar is going to get you injured one day if you don't address it.

Is it just me or are you starting the lift with your back and not your quads? Maybe it just looks that way because your lower back isn't set. I'm not sure.

why does the right side of the barbell shoot forward but the left side stays back? that looks weird to me and I don't think it is just the camera angle.

Looks pretty dangerous to me, slow down, don't rush and set your back, start from the quads.

I agree with all of the cautionary comments.

starting strength coach development program
    I'm having a tough time giving you a fair assessment, because I can't distinguish your lumbar position from your butt shape! Sorry - it could be the fact that you're wearing black pants and shirt (blurs the lines a bit) or it could be because I've never really seen your body shape before. It's also tough because your upper back is in really hard extension, but lower back is harder to distinguish.

I have to digress that a more experienced eye is needed.