starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intermittent fasting / leangains / eat stop eat

Default Intermittent fasting / leangains / eat stop eat

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Most people on here are pretty clue'd up about what these concepts are, so I assume I don't need to post links, references or explinations

If thats is not the case I would gladly provide some.

Just looking for opinions on the whole concept really. I have done it a bit in the past, and am possibly looking to give it another shot.

Thanks for any info.

Lloyd

I think it's only benefit is that of compliance. It's worse for every other possible outcome.

I did my first half of LP on IF. My lifts stalled way too early. My advice is don't be an idiot like I was. Once I ate a good diet my lifts started going up, and I kept losing BF anyway

Can you give specifics about "way to early"? I'm wondering if I'm having the same problem

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    I think it's only benefit is that of compliance. It's worse for every other possible outcome.
    Sorry Jordan but can I just ask what you mean by it being worse for other outcomes ?

I think I struggle with compliance so it was kind of effective for me at one point. ATM I'm wondering if I should just be stricter with myself ?!

What would you suggest ? ATM Im shooting for 2400 Kcals with 180g protein minimum and just filling the other kcals with fats and carbs.
    I want to drop from my current weight of around 98kg - 88-90kg as I do alot of boxing and just to be healthier really.

Thanks for your reply

I mean hypertrophy, strength, recovery, etc.

I think you should eat more protein (~220g), pick a carb and fat level that gives you 2400kCal and eat 3-5 meals a day and see what your weight does.

I've been attempting doing this, using the macros I got from Jordan. I am losing weight slowly and I'm still progressing on my lifts in an Intermediate TM type program. I find it easier to not eat until the afternoon, and then eat all my food in an 8 hour period. But that just works for me... I was never much of a breakfast eater in the first place, so instead of forcing it down it fits into IF like a glove.

Wish I had better results to report, but I have a taste for alcohol (plus chasing skirts) that tends to ruin me once a week or so. Averaging about 1 lb a week loss (two steps forward, one step back method).

Quote Originally Posted by Anonu View Post
    Can you give specifics about "way to early"? I'm wondering if I'm having the same problem

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    sorry - just saw this

at a bodyweight of 110kg, I was struggling to squat 100kg even twice a week. Once I started eating more (not as much as Jordan likes, but more) my squat just started marching on. To give some perspective my squat LP wound up maxing out at 15kg. not great, but better than 100.

Quote Originally Posted by RugbySmartarse View Post
    sorry - just saw this

at a bodyweight of 110kg, I was struggling to squat 100kg even twice a week. Once I started eating more (not as much as Jordan likes, but more) my squat just started marching on. To give some perspective my squat LP wound up maxing out at 15kg. not great, but better than 100.
    Can I ask what's LP pal ? how many kcals and what macro's are you hitting atm ?

I think I'm sitting around 20%ish bf, because I used to be so overweight I have some bad abdominal stretch marks which I am quite conscious of so am looking to lose bf % and belly fat so they are less noticeable.

Maxing out on bench - 110k x 3
    squat 180k x 5
    rows 115k x 5
    along with various assistance lifts.

Weighting in about 98kg atm. Dont think I will get my lifts up much more without eating at a surplus. Hoping to get down to about 88-90kg weight and see how I feel once there.

starting strength coach development program
    LP= linear progression.

Dont think I will get my lifts up much more without eating at a surplus. Hoping to get down to about 88-90kg weight and see how I feel once there.
    Not with that attitude!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast