starting strength gym

Thread: What physique, performance and strength changes would someone see from high reps?

Question What physique, performance and strength changes would someone see from high reps?

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I always hear that for endurance athletes interested in lifting could find use with higher reps. But I've never actually seen anyone doing a consistent, well put together program with 15+ reps a set. Say someone ran a decent distance 3 times a week and did high rep compounds on off days, how would they differ from someone who is a pure runner? Better speed, explosiveness? Would they look any different?

Now I'm not asking have you ever seen a 13 year old do curls all day long, but someone properly train with high reps? Any experience with that?

Quote Originally Posted by jon cowie View Post
    If memory serves, Zatsiorsky says they are used to increase the force production of the type I muscle fibres before the type II's get involved in a movement, because if the type II's aren't used they won't fatigue
    So how would one train that way? Also I'd take it that you would have to stay <35 reps too right? As in you would still need some real resistance.