starting strength gym

Thread: Trying to finish my goal of not. Being fat

Default Trying to finish my goal of not. Being fat

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Ok so i read the other thread with hamburgerguy or w/e as op and dint want to derail it. Heres a little info i used to be 327 lbs down to 210. 4 yrs of football 3 as a varsity player. My lifts used to be way higher 315 squat 375 dl 225 bench and a 165 press 185 pc. Of course this is football style with shitty form(got some muscle not much but some). Now im doing ss with ripps tech low 20s bf%. 185 bench 205 squat 225 dl 115 press 135 pc.

Now to the point i was reading other thread and someone said recomps dont work if youve been fat for a while well i used to be normal then got really fat in 6th grade ans just got worse. So is eating at maintence while doing ss and bag work 2 days a week going to make my wheels spinn and make go no where?

Emphasize protein, you don't need GOMAD if you're over 20% BF, and eat to allow for adequate recovery/continued gains, but your weight shouldn't change much although you're pants should probably get looser around your waist and tighter around your thighs/butt. This is just a wrap up of what I've read from this forum and the "Clarification" article, I don't have much experience with large body composition changes. Good luck.

Yeah ive read all that in one of ripps articles. Im just curious bc i dont care too much how much i weigh or if i even have abs. I just wan to be big and strong... See while i dont have badly loose skin its still loose (like if you pull on it) from weighig 320 lbs and im trying to tighen it up and get rid of these bitch tits. Although my skin does hang pretty badly at the chest and buttom of my Abs if im in say a push up postion hoping when i loose some more fat and fill it with muscle it will go away. Really dont want to get surgery and i couldbt even if i wanted being 18 and living off my mother.

Hoping for all this shit to happen by summer just be big as fuck but not fat like i was

IMO, most of the people who advocate recomp for fatties on SS have probably never had to lose a significant amount of weight. It just doesn't work for most fatties. If you're fat, unfatfucking yourself is priority #1 and weight room progress takes a backseat until this is finished.
    It won't take that long... what is a few months in context of the rest of your years of lifting? Do what you can, don't cry if you're not making the gains you think you "deserve".

I can give you a bit of perspective as a guy who started SS at 20-25% bf a little over a year ago. Though the difference between you and I is that I started the program at the heaviest Ive ever been.

My 1rm squat and deadlift are about 400/500 (start at about 1 plate each.) Ive gained 10 pounds in the last year, but- and this is contrary to a lot of claims- my waist has not shrunk. It's probably grown about 3/4 an inch. Just be aware of this. I just can't see anyone putting substantial poundage on their lifts and shrinking their waist unless they're starting at something like a 44" waist.

I look a hell of a lot better, but the belly is still there, and in a t-shirt I dont think people would automatically assume I lifted weights. If I had this to do over, I certainly wouldnt have 'cut' before I started lifting weights.

As to what Ive eaten. Protein shakes after workouts, lots of meat, but this diet was far from 'clean.' Just ate when I was hungry, and there was plenty of bacon, Micky D's and Taco Bell in there.

Just one datapoint for you. Good luck.

Jeffrey, why did you ignore my pm from like month ago?

Quote Originally Posted by manisstrong View Post

Quote Originally Posted by manisstrong View Post
    laziness, probably.

starting strength coach development program
    Maintain your weight while getting stronger like the book says.