starting strength gym

Thread: Forthcoming SS Barbells

Default Forthcoming SS Barbells

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    Hey coach; some questions on the bars you're having made.

1) Is there an ETA on production?

2) (Apologies in advance for this wording; I lack some vocabulary to ask it concisely). Regarding the inner edge of the knurling. What's the gap width (and if there's a name for this dimension, what is it)? In other words, if my deadlift grip is to be entirely on the knurling, what's the narrowest that will be? From eyeballing the old B&R bars it looks like it's basically the IPF standard 430cm gap, but I haven't found a graphic or diagram confirming that to be the case.

Who cares? Well, I'm still stuck in globos right now, and the place I'm at has bars with a 19.25" gap, which is 1.125" too wide on each side so I have to either a) Go to their crosstown affiliate that has better bars or b) Buy a good bar and bring my own until I can build out an entire home rig. I'm aiming for a) immediately, and b) as soon as possible, but I'd like to skip the Rogue bar in favor of yours if the wait isn't too long.

Cheers.

1. Starting Strength Bars | Made by Texas Power Bars | Powerlifting Barbell & Bars

2. The blank gap is about 16 3/8", the standard.