starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wfac

Default Wfac

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    • starting strength seminar april 2025
    Coach, why does your gym have only three google reviews? It seems that you wrote all three of them (the misspellings reveal that it is not the case, though). I think that you commissioned this one in particular, so that you attract only the right people to WFAC:

No real cardio equipment. weights don't have a proper coating. No smith machine... This gym is very poorly equipped.

Why would I want to attract people who think that a Smith machine and coated plates are necessary components of a gym's equipment? We have enough members already. Too many, sometimes. Maybe we should have a contest to see who can write the worst Google review.

This is one of the worst gyms I've ever been to. There are no televisions, yoga mats, or provided towels. All of the equipment is old, and either rusting, or covered in chalk. There's no classroom for spin or zumba, and no smoothie or protein shake bar. No elipticals, treadmills, or stairmaster. I looked all around to find a pad to put on the bar, a Bosu ball, an aerobic step platform, Body Bars, the regular 3-8 pound colored dumbbells, or mats to lay on to stretch and do abs, but couldn't find any of these. There aren't any of the nice Nautilus or cable-pull machines that I'm used to using in a regular gym; just a bunch of iron plates and barbells, so I can't do my circuits. And all the squat racks are the kind without the attached bar, which I don't like, and none of them have a mirror in front so I can watch my form.

No real cardio equipment, but 15 different machines that can be used to do bicep curls. AM I RIGHT OR WHAT?

Coated plates...what would one do with those anyway? Decorate?

I am glad to hear that there is not Smith Machine for my bicep curls.

"The bars are bent, the dumbbells are mislabeled, one of the platforms had a sinkhole in it and the owner of the gym spat in my face when I walked in"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    We have enough members already. Too many, sometimes.
    I remember a while back you mentioned that you'd stopped selling general memberships, or something to that effect. Is that still the case?

We still sell a few each month, but we turn a few away too.

It's owned by a miserable cunt. He doesn't even own a pair of reebok lites. How about that for worst review?

Post the damn things. Really.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Post the damn things. Really.
    Challenge accepted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast