starting strength gym
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weightlifting Nationals

Default Weightlifting Nationals

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    This year the 94kg class at the Olympic Weightlifting Nationals is loaded, here are my predictions.

For some reason weightlifting is not like other sports and you can not comment on athletes because it is just not the proper thing do, but here are my bets.

1. Adell 2. Wilson 3. North* 4. Flemming* 5. Wilkes

* If Flemming is healthy and North gets a big snatch things could change drastically.

It would be real interesting in hearing others predictions.

Since I obviously don't know anything about Olympic weightlifters, having never coached any high-level lifters, I'll just stay out of this.

Adell has put up the biggest training numbers, but I think his lack of competition experience will hurt him. Jon North has been extremely consistent in competition recently and has hit PRs in the snatch and C&J in training and in competition. It's pretty hard to predict because the class is so stacked, but I'd say:

1. North, 2. Adell, 3. Wilson

I don't know much about the other two to speculate. I'm really looking forward to the 94kg class though. Should be a great competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymmoser View Post
    1. Adell 2. Wilson 3. North* 4. Flemming* 5. Wilkes

* If Flemming is healthy and North gets a big snatch things could change drastically.
    I agree, especially with the '*' part..

North is going to have the snatch, I think. I imagine Wilson or Wilkes will take the jerk. I'll say Fleming gets the total. I have no idea what Adell is going to do.

Adell didn't have problems replicating his training numbers in past meets - I don't expect that he will now. He'll take first.

I'm guessing and hoping Adell takes it...

1. Wilson
    2. Wilkes
    3. Adell

Because at least one person is going to bomb.

The 94kg class will be intense. I don't know Flemming or Wilkes but among Wilson, North, and Adell; they've all got a fair chance at the title. I predict 1- Adell 2- North 3- Wilson

Coach Rip and Moser, what are your thoughts on Shankle placing first in the 105kg class and Mendez in the 105+? Donny is tearing it up and Pat is a beast.

starting strength coach development program
    I really like Rob Adell, very smooth technique, and very strong.

Moser and Rip, what do you think of his form?

He is very unique in that his feet don't leave the floor, if at all. He gets under the bar fast. A lot like perepetchenov or kakhi.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast