starting strength gym

Thread: Doubled my starting deadlift today

Default Doubled my starting deadlift today

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    155 ain't so impressive, but I started at 75. I just knew everyone was dying to hear all about that. So now you know, and can go on with your lives. :-)

Congrats, keep at it. :^)

A good milestone. Now double it again :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Brenden View Post
    A good milestone. Now double it again :-)
    Yeah, that does bother me a bit--I have to quadruple my starting weight to get to (what I take to be) a respectable squat. I don't know if that's realistic or not, but it sounds doubtful. But squats are my worst lift, so I intend to enjoy whatever I can get.

I try to invent as many little milestones as I can, for motivational purposes. The next one is +100 lb (175), I guess, then getting to add a 25 to the 45 on each side (185). And so on, and so forth. It's cheap, but it works. I was just particularly happy about this one. That and the fact that my gains on squat have really increased over the last couple of weeks, so I can hope for some more.

I'm planning on attempting double my starting deadlift next Wednesday, but I always deadlifted better than I squatted anyway (long and skinny, you know). Somehow the linear progression really took off the last couple of weeks in spite of quite a few nights of inadequate sleep. My rather pessimistic login name may become less appropriate....

Kyle Schuant Guest

Well done, keep going.

starting strength coach development program
    Congratulations. Blast those lifts!