• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    6 foot 226 lbs, 27 yo, novice linear progression

Last set of 5 @ 220
    220 - YouTube

Notes:
    2nd workout back after month lay off

My apologies if this is a shitty angle.

It seems like if I could get my knees set earlier, these would look/feel better

I worked with an SS coach recently, so I'm fairly certain my knees are out and stance width is good. He also mentioned I wasn't keeping lumbar extension on the way down, hence the butt thing before each rep. Doesn't look like I'm keeping that same extension during the whole movement, however.

I am aware of that habit where I bend at the knee before some of the reps. It should go bye bye.

Thanks for your time

Not bad. Your first rep was probably the best. Right before you descend, you arch the hell out of your back. Stop doing that. Instead, stand up normally, sans your little knee bounce. Then, squeeze tight around your held breath. At the bottom, don't let go, but redouble your efforts to stay tight. Everything else will likely take care of itself.

Thank you Coach. Yeah I noticed today how I don't stay as tight at the bottom and how it messes things up, especially as the weights get heavier. Thanks again for your time. Will work on those things.