starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check 2

Default Squat Form Check 2

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hey guys, I'd appreciate some feedback here. The video shows one warm up and 3 work sets. Rip has snubbed me but I cant figure out why, I thought they looked pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbDS7mBK_FM

Looks pretty good, try tighten up abit. At the last set your kness are caving in, try shove them out hard.

Nothing gross, but you're knees are caving in, as mentioned. Work on the knees out, don't let your adductors (groin) get lazy. You'll know when you get this right because you'll have trouble sitting on the toilet the next day. Other than that pretty solid, form breaks down a little at the end though. Without a ton of struggle you get sloppy which leads me to believe it's laziness. You gotta get tough for those last few reps, keep that back tight and keep driving, don't let yourself get bent over.

And don't you just love it when people take plates from your rack when you're in the middle of a set? Hopefully you're focused enough for it not to bother you, but it's still pretty inconsiderate in my opinion. I've actually had people try to ask me if I'm going to need the plates while I'm doing my set.

Yup, I thought i had been keeping my knees out but really exaggerated it on wednesday and sure enough I was sore on thursday. Thanks for the comments guys.

That guy taking the plates annoyed me alright, but to be fair i dont really think he is doing anything wrong. As for someone talking to you during a set, I would ignore the fuck, finish my set and then have some choice words ready for him.

My one cue that I would add is to get your chest up as you're setting up. Although I would find it difficult to concentrate with that prick messing with the weights on your rack not once but twice. He couldn't wait to grab those 5 pounders until after you were finished with your set? You are a very patient man.