starting strength gym

Thread: Squat and Dead Lift Form

Default Squat and Dead Lift Form

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I posted a week ago about form and knee pain... soomeone suggested posting a vid of a heavier squat so here it is...

1x5 at 130kg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwEGSNNiJrY

-i think the squat looks a little segmented, or that i dont come up real fluidly...

Aslo, this is a dead lift vid from last night, the set was easy but it looks like i am not pulling my shoulders back enough before i get set, and I it looks like i over extend at the top?

1x5 at 170kg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-o0O...eature=channel

Thanks

Squats seem an inch high, and it looks like you could extend your back more during the set up on DL.

Deadlift looks fine other than the fact that your seem to be lacking a full lockout of your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWells View Post
    Aslo, this is a dead lift vid from last night, the set was easy but it looks like i am not pulling my shoulders back enough before i get set, and I it looks like i over extend at the top?
    Why would you want to pull your shoulders back to setup? You should tighten your back and push your chest out for sure, but no need to retract your shoulders.

You layback is not too bad at the top, but the fact you are compromising knee lockout is a problem.

Your squat descent looks a little too fast for my liking too. If you stayed tigher, the descent would be slower and you would probably prevent that little bit of butt wink and forward knee glide.

I think they both look pretty decent. I agree that the squat could maybe be a hair deeper and you might focus more on staying tight during the descent.