starting strength gym

Thread: Great Dan John article on T Nation today

Default Great Dan John article on T Nation today

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    It's a re-run of one they've posted before, but it's great.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/9-...icated-lifters

If you don't click, here's the most important part (I think):

Every workout should build, in some way, upon the previous session.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    Is that the "PR every session" kind of thing? PR a weight, or volume, of a main lift, if not that a secondary lift, if not that PR some accessory work. I like the theory, and its something I try and do casually- if I don't hit better numbers on my primary lift from the previous week, I try on my second lift, and if not there I try and at least do more accessory work than the previous week.
    That makes sense. I think there are a lot of ways you could apply this...generally I think that if we're able to look back through our logs and see numbers consistently lower than what we're doing now we're on the right track. Just keep the weights moving up incrementally...Chebass88 talks a lot about this and he's a strong mothertrucker...so are you...

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    If you've been pinged by injury or even a long hiatus, there is no shame in calling shit a [conditional] PR.
    I agree with this. Allen, you're pulling near the mid-500s. Diminishing marginal returns, man.

Plus...just go back a little further in your logs. That's all you have to do!

I can't access the article in the OP (but when has that stopped anyone from posting on the internet?).

Here is the article that inspired me with the PR-every-workout mindset: A P.R. at Every Workout | Iron Man Magazine