starting strength gym

Thread: Simple sugar, vs starch, vs grains

Default Simple sugar, vs starch, vs grains

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Does one carb provide strength better then the other.
    Does one carb com-bust in the cell better for SS workouts.

I was under eating on my carbs and then sunday morning began getting 3 for 1 at the bakery. Cakes. I then recently bought a 10 for $10, 1 pound boxes of pasta. Butter is easy enough to make pasta enjoyable with out the hassel of sauces so i should be able to enjoy making my carb needs.

So i wanted to ask.

PS. My oatmeal has just been sitting so i been more interested in the pasta and cake since by taste i can i can pallet it enough to get enough ate daily.

Nope.

But carb source matters for other reasons, yes? Body comp, liver health (this one I understand would take a LOT of fructose), gut health, etc. All of this with the caveats that it's individual and not a blanket statement to avoid all __________ unless one is sensitive to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo's Ghost View Post
    But carb source matters for other reasons, yes? Body comp, liver health (this one I understand would take a LOT of fructose), gut health, etc. All of this with the caveats that it's individual and not a blanket statement to avoid all __________ unless one is sensitive to it.
    I have my biases, but outside of an overt pathology causing issue from a specific source of energy it appears that when total carbohydrate and calorie numbers + fiber numbers are standardized, it doesn't make a difference. At least not one I can prove.

Interesting. Has your research for the book changed your opinion on this? I'm thinking of fructose in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo's Ghost View Post
    Interesting. Has your research for the book changed your opinion on this? I'm thinking of fructose in particular.
    Not particularly. I was speaking with the exception of fructose. Additionally, it's very hard to separate quantitative intakes that have no regard for food sources and the neurological/psychological effects of feeding/hunger/reward so again, I have my own thoughts on what I think is optimal. It's just really hard to prove it, dare I say, impossible.

starting strength coach development program
    Ah. Ok. Yeah fructose is the only thing I try to limit, tho I'm not a Nazi about it.