starting strength gym

Thread: Hey, Jordan. Know of any good cook books?

Default Hey, Jordan. Know of any good cook books?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I'm pretty much a complete guy when it comes to cooking. Unfortunately I have no woman. Do you know of any good cook books I can get to learn about cooking and has good recipes? Preferably when it comes to bulking.

Thanks.

Not really. I don't cook a lot of fancy stuff to be quite honest, but Lonnie Lowery always has good recipes he posts and I think I have a Paleo cook book that I use to level out my couch.

I think he was really looking for tips on how to procure a woman.

4-hour chef is hands-down the best money I've ever spent on any genre of book; and a standout book on cooking/life.

I could recommend it more; and a lot of the recipes are RFL/Paleo/slow-carb style diet compliant.

Plenty of recipes online for free that are worth checking out. Depends on how you eat. If you eat a conventional diet, just google what you're looking for. If you want to eat paleo, check out Mark's Daily Apple and NomNom Paleo.

If you want to bulk, just eat a larger serving or weigh and measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Trewarin View Post
    4-hour chef is hands-down the best money I've ever spent on any genre of book; and a standout book on cooking/life.

I could recommend it more; and a lot of the recipes are RFL/Paleo/slow-carb style diet compliant.
    Yea I have this book, but Tim Ferris is 50% full of shit when it comes to training/ex phys advice (see 600lb "deadlift). Lulz.

Go to the library and check out some cook books. Find a recipe that is appealing and try to follow it. repeat.

As anyone else found a lot of the "paleo" oriented cookbooks to be a bit unimaginative? Maybe its just the few Ive happened to flip through but it seems to be a lot of very continental style stuff. I will admit there are probably a thousand examples that prove me very wrong. Ive had a lot of fun spicing things up by picking up like Moroccan and Spanish cookbooks, and incorporating a lot of the ideas. Its a lot of meaty dishes, and if one wanted to go paleo (god I hate calling it that), one could just skip the grain side dishes.

I think my only point here is to try lots of different flavors and cooking styles beyond what cooking-for-fitness-books tend to focus on.

starting strength coach development program
    If you want easy, I say buy a crock pot and get some slow cooker recipe books. Back in the day when I worked at Borders (RIP), there were a ton of these for pretty cheap.