starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift Check

Default Deadlift Check

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Due to being a lazy dumbass, I went a very long time without deadlifting. I picked it up about a month ago starting at 205, and am up to 265. Current squat's 290 by comparison.

Filmed a video today and as hard as I'm trying to keep hamstrings/lumbar tight, my back is clearly rounding. Back when I was deadlifting, this would usually happen around 225 and I'd think well fuck, better reset to work on better form. But I know that's likely a waste of time.

I want to keep adding weight to the bar, but I'm still moderately concerned about my back. What do you think I should do at this point? I'm using a belt for squats but am trying to hold off on deads, so that's always an option.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwczdaZiwqg (Didn't mean to drop the last rep, was losing grip).

These are fine. Keep going up. But, take an extra second between setting your back and pulling the bar off the floor. Take a breath, squeeze the chest up hard, then harder, then pull. Pay attention to what it feels like when your back is set and do not pull the bar until you get that feeling for every rep.