starting strength gym

Thread: Spreading the Word

Default Spreading the Word

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    So I go into the gym last night and the normally empty squat rack is occupied. Throws me a bit off, (actually way off) and I go hit the elliptical to just move and see if the rack frees up. It doesn't. I start with benching and observe that much to my chagrin the fellow on the squat rack appears to be doing proper low back squats w/275.... I finish up benching as he's finishing up squatting and he looks vaguely familiar....hmmmm..... I do a fist pump and congratulate him on the work he's doing when he thanks me (and addresses me by name) for suggesting that he get Starting Strength book and look at the videos on line. He's beaming about having started with an empty bar and slowly worked his way up and that his copy of SS is highlighted and dog eared. It is then that the light bulb of recognition goes off and I remember the conversation with him last winter. We joked about spreading the "Gospel According to Rippetoe" and it just gave me a great feeling about the whole damn ball of wax.

That's awesome!

That's awesome!
    +1