starting strength gym

Thread: Did Rip use sniffing salts? What is Rips Fav shoes, Etc

Default Did Rip use sniffing salts? What is Rips Fav shoes, Etc

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hello Rip.

I know you have a lot of opinions on things regarding training, so I'd like to hear your opinion on sniffing salts. Did you use them, or do you still now use them?

Do you use pre workout or caffeine?

I know you hate talking about supplements, but which ones did/do you use and why. Just out of curiosity. I know that is not your expertise. I liked your video about the protein shake,
    and was wondering if you had any more small tips like that.

What is your favorite brand of shoes and why? I know you like the do-win's, but they are discontinued. Do you like the VS Athletics ?

Thanks,

Matt

Learn to use the search function.

Use them sparingly, like for a third attempt at a meet.

Black coffee.

Go to Jordan's nutrition board.

Adidas and Nike make the best shoes currently on the market. A couple of my athletes have worn VS Athletics' weightlifting shoes -- one of them switched to Romaleos and much preferred the latter.

I never use sniffing salts, but I am also not a competitive power lifter or anything.

Caffeine pills if I really need a boost before the gym, also way cheaper than pre-workout.

The only supplements I use are whey protein and creatine. Everything else is unnecessary.

Huge fan of adidas. Great shoes for all levels of lifters, more info available at my blog here if you're interested.

Hope it helps!

Default Beware Of This Shit

I barely caught a whiff from about 12" away and I thought I was going to have a heart attack. It gave me a headache that lasted for hours.
    Maybe it's my age, but this stuff should have a warning on the bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_217 View Post
    Hello Rip.
    What is your favorite brand of shoes and why? I know you like the do-win's, but they are discontinued. Do you like the VS Athletics ?
    I purchased Do Win's in February from Amazon. Amazon.com: pendlay weightlifting shoes

Hope they last forever because I have 4E width feet. These fit and nobody else even offers a double E much less a 4E.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by waistline warrior View Post
    I purchased Do Win's in February from Amazon. Amazon.com: pendlay weightlifting shoes

Hope they last forever because I have 4E width feet. These fit and nobody else even offers a double E much less a 4E.
    I also have wide feet and bought these shoes. Got them back in November and they've been great. Says to order 1/2 size smaller but after reading the comments I ordered my normal size and they fit perfectly.