starting strength gym

Thread: Lost weight due to illness

Default Lost weight due to illness

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    So I had been doing SS novice progression for over a month, and making linear progress. My lifts were:
    Squat: 260 lbs
    DL: 285 lbs
    Bench: 140 lbs
    OHP: 105 lbs

I was going to start pwr cleans, and only my ohp had stalled, however I hadn't started microloading yet.

I then got the flu and pneumonia and was bed ridden with a high fever for over a week. It's been just over 2 weeks and I finally got back in the gym. Unfortunately I had lost ~15 lbs (I am now 165, down from 180). Needless to say it was a very humbling workout. Basically all my lifts are ~88% of what they were

Squat: 230 lbs
    DL:
    Bench: 125 lbs
    And I didn't OHP today but I'm assuming it will be the same.

Should I just keep making linear progress and gain what I lost back over the next 2 weeks or do you think I will be able to add more weight than just 5 lbs to the bar these next few training sessions.

Also on a different note I have an an anterior pelvic tilt, which kinda screws with my DL form. I read online to just set up normally and then lower my hips slightly which actually straightens my back. Is this alright? And if not what should I do. I unfortunately don't have a video let me know if you need one.

Thanks,
    -Jake

You probably went back too heavy after an ass kicking like you received. Back up to the point that the weights don't feel like they are going to kill you. Then, yes, continue your linear progression back up. Things will likely go faster than before.

The chances that you need to do anything different on the deadlift from others are vanishingly small.

Alright I'll lower the weight and just keep eating as much as possible. Thinking of doing GOMAD to get back up to 180. Hopefully regaining is easier than gaining.