starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Check Please!

Default Squat Check Please!

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hello.
    My name is Inhyuk.
    I've been doing SS Program 56 weeks. (In Korea) - Yeah, Mr.Rip, People in korea also buy your great books. And DVD.
    Because of minor pains, bad recoveries my LP is not good.
    I'm 5'8'', 190lbs. 26 years old.

I'm having hard time to break my wall, (squat 250lbs. dead 320lbs. bench 132lbs.)

Any comment would be really glad on my squat form and any tips for improving my desperate benchpress weights.

Thanks.

And here's my last work out . Squat 238lbs. (108kg)

http://youtu.be/eTpHL9tJ5HQ

Hello Inhyuk!

The squat itself looks great, but it seems like you're pausing at the bottom. Hit the bottom and get out of there as quickly and aggressively as you can. Any slight delay will stop you from using the rebound out of the bottom. To help this, focus on the ascent even during the descent. That way you'll be primed to explode out of the bottom right when you get there.

56 weeks is a long time to do linear progression. Your squat looks good, it may be time for more food or a program change.

Are you squatting 3x a week? Are you doing the 80% back off middle day or still trying to add weight every session? If you aren't, I'd do that. The lighter middle day helps with recovery.

Hello, Mr.Dienster.
    Sometimes I hurt myself because of form problems, and usally pain makes me stop progress.
    I do 80% back off on middle day, I put 2kg(about 4.4lbs) more on squat each day, and put 5kg(11lbs) on Deadlift.
    1kg (2.3lbs) on Press, Benchpress, powerclean.

I'm considering change program to 5/3/1,
    But I read many post on this forum and many people said 1xbw bench, 1.5xbw squat, 2xbw deadlift would be a good point to start 5/3/1.
    So I just keep SS Program although It is really hard to me these days.

Thanks for the comments.