starting strength gym

Thread: Whole curd-good substitute for Whole milk?

Default Whole curd-good substitute for Whole milk?

• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I am lactose intolerant and start farting at >1 Litre milk/ day and have diarrhoea above >2Litre/ day. Can I use 3 Litre whole curd (aka plain unflavoured full fat yogurt) + 1Litre whole milk per day in place of GOMAD? (1 gallon = approx. 3.75 litres). I would be high;lly grateful if somebody has done this and gives me valuable advise.

I'm as lactose intolerant as you can get. Seriously ... it's bad. I haven't touched milk in 16 years. Recently, I decided to gain some weight, so I ordered some lactase drops from amazon. I put about 45 drops in a gallon and stick it in the fridge for 2 days. The stuff is amazing - not even a hint of stomach discomfort. I'm drinking about a 1/2 gallon a day and the weight is slowly and steadily increasing. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Horn View Post
    I'm as lactose intolerant as you can get. Seriously ... it's bad. I haven't touched milk in 16 years. Recently, I decided to gain some weight, so I ordered some lactase drops from amazon. I put about 45 drops in a gallon and stick it in the fridge for 2 days. The stuff is amazing - not even a hint of stomach discomfort. I'm drinking about a 1/2 gallon a day and the weight is slowly and steadily increasing. Try it.
    Thanks for the immediate reply. Good idea. But I am already doing 1L whole milk+ 1L whole curd per day. And I can easily increase it to 1+3. I wished to know whether there is any protein deterioration in curd (plain yogurt). The bacteria in curd (Lactobacilli) break down the lactose into galactose and glucose (so good for the lactose intolerant) but I don't know whether the protein quality remains the same. And curd is also the same fat content wise bcoz I am making it from whole milk. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Rajesh; 11-07-2012 at 12:27 PM.

The yogurt is fine. The protein is fine. You can go w/ just yogurt if you want.

Yogurt has better/more protein in it than milk. This may be largely due to the decreased water content, but also some of the action of the bacteria culture.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for the info guys.