starting strength gym

Thread: knee wrap recommendation

Question knee wrap recommendation

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hey folks,

I have a bum knee - had an ACL reconstruction that didn’t stick, and bad arthritis due to cartilage wear under the patella; pain on depth and extension is the norm for me now. I thought I’d try wraps to see if they help make squatting a little more pleasant. I’m 42 and when I recently finished my LP my SQ worksets were 330.

Can anyone make recommendations on wraps that work well for them or may for me?

thanks,
    matt

I bought Iron Bull sleeves from Amazon about 2 months ago, and I love them! The only problem is that the stitching is starting to come loose after only 2 months. That's what I get for buying the cheap option.

Well sleeves are different than wraps. Do you have wraps?

Titan THP's are a good intermediate wrap. You can easily wrasp yourself in these and still get a good pop out of them. I also have used Titan Golds and the Lilliebridge wraps by Pioneer. Those are good, but it helps if someone else can wrap you to get the most out of them.

I have never used wraps, but Rip made a recommendation a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mdelvecchio View Post
    Well sleeves are different than wraps. Do you have wraps?
    crap, sorry, no, I didn't read the question closely enough. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Martin View Post
    I bought Iron Bull sleeves from Amazon about 2 months ago, and I love them! The only problem is that the stitching is starting to come loose after only 2 months. That's what I get for buying the cheap option.
    I have those, and they've been working pretty good. After a year they still aren't falling apart. But it's good to know that some of their stuff isn't so great. So you could get lucky like me, or you might get something that falls apart right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Hahn View Post
    I have those, and they've been working pretty good. After a year they still aren't falling apart. But it's good to know that some of their stuff isn't so great. So you could get lucky like me, or you might get something that falls apart right away.
    I think I just got one bad sleeve, and to be fair the only part coming apart is the colorful stitching, I think the main part of the sleeve is still holding together. And my Iron Bull fractional plates and wrist wraps are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Rega View Post
    I have never used wraps, but Rip made a recommendation a few years ago.
    Perfect! Glad to know Rip has got us covered. Thanks, just ordered a pair and going to try them out. Good instructional on wrapping too.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mdelvecchio View Post
    Perfect! Glad to know Rip has got us covered. Thanks, just ordered a pair and going to try them out. Good instructional on wrapping too.
    You're welcome!