starting strength gym

Thread: Arthritis & Recovery from ortho-scopic surgery

Default Arthritis & Recovery from ortho-scopic surgery

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Background:
    - Had ortho-scopic surgery in July to remove a nickle sized loose body from elbow
    - Followed by ~1 month of rehad and then ~4 months of light on again off again lifting focused in more of the 8-12 rep area
    - In Jan I started back training heavy 3-6 rep range was ok for Jan in feb/march I started having pain similar to prior to surgery and saw ortho doc yesterday
    - X ray looked negative for any more loose bodies but showed "arthritis that made the joint look like a 60 year olds" (age late 20s)
    - Doc gave a cortisone shot

Questions:
    - Is there anything that would be good for me to work into my lifts to help in general with the arthritis?
    - Also the tricep on the elbow with issues is now about half the size of the other unaffected elbow. Anything other than kickbacks and closegrip bench that I should be doing to help it recover? Interesting enough when the joint is feeling good and I'm grinding through heavy reps the bar tends to come up uneven with the bad elbow coming up faster then the good one.

Any insight would be great, thanks.

Bubba, my boy, you fucked up. You didn't rehab when you should have, and you listened to Doctors about strength training. I suggest you start right now by reading the posts on this board about surgery rehab, starting from the first page. This is what should have happened before your "ortho-scopic" situation occurred, but I suppose you'll just have to catch up now.