starting strength gym

Thread: Forward lean remedy.

Default Forward lean remedy.

• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    What do i need to strengthen to prevent forward lean mid squat.

What exactly do you mean here? On the way down or up? How do we even know its a problem, video!

You mean the squat's turning into a good morning-like motion? You probably need someone to yell "chest up" most likely.

I think it was on the way up. I think i'm going to deload, do mobility work and work up again from 275 5 pounds monday and friday. Then when i plateau transition to TM like i should have. Then i can be honest about losing weight effecting my strength and look forward to failing out rather then being upset by it.

In the absence of someone to yell at you, try introducing a session of paused squats, starting at about 3/4 your current work weight. Pausing at the bottom, keeping your chest up as you drive out of the hole, this has good carryover to your regular lift.

Quote Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
    I think i'm going to deload, do mobility work and work up again from 275 5 pounds monday and friday.
    A deload may or may not be in order, but how will mobility work help you keep your chest up and the weight back?

Im unsure but it was something i wanted to investigate. Tightness in the hips, glutes, quads down the ankle create positions of range of motion resistance. When descending it could put me out of alignment as my range of motion become limited in different body parts on one side of my body that are different in the other side of my body.

starting strength coach development program
    i Rewatched the deadlift video and the bench video and learned there were things i should have been doing better. I expect the same from the squat video so i have some hope there.

Last year i would work out at home and between sets watch the videos, eat drink and hydrate. I'd also rest. Alot. 10 mins between sets. At the globo gym i don't do that. I go faster and maybe don't let ATP restore. I was readying my home gym a few days ago and while it was the day after a work out at the gym, i did deadlift. I felt so much stronger at home. Thinner bar, way sharper knurling felt like it was tearing the skin off my hand. This felt really good in the lighter weights but at 350 it was a bitch but it was like having the best chalk ive ever used with out using any chalk at all. All the fresh air made me feel a lot better, fresher per set. It could shape up to be a enjoyable summer home lifting.

This time between set i'll have at home will come with the fridge, bathroom, all the rest i need, no talk time distractions and the time i need in order to rewatch videos every session. I put them on 2x or 2.5 or 3x speed and keep my form from the typical attrition that could take place in the absence of such tools.