starting strength gym

Thread: Range of motion update.

Default Range of motion update.

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    About three weeks ago I posted about a problem I had with getting under the bar for the back squat. Of course that was before I HAD a bar. Then I got a bar and a rack. Genius. The first time I tried to get under it it was as I had suspected, very difficult. But each time I repeated over a three week period the bar got lower and lower on my back. Yesterday, it was finally in the perfect position. I want to thank everyone who offered me advise, it was well received.

I just have to say that I am amazed at the difference this program has made in a very short time. Four years ago I lost about 50 pounds intentionally, way too much body fat. Unfortunately, at the same time I lost a bunch of muscle mass and started to actually feel weak and wobbly. Now, I can already feel this 70 year old body returning to what it used to be, at least as good as it can be for my age. This is going to be a long term project for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jbirdsall View Post
    About three weeks ago I posted about a problem I had with getting under the bar for the back squat. Of course that was before I HAD a bar. Then I got a bar and a rack. Genius. The first time I tried to get under it it was as I had suspected, very difficult. But each time I repeated over a three week period the bar got lower and lower on my back. Yesterday, it was finally in the perfect position. I want to thank everyone who offered me advise, it was well received.

I just have to say that I am amazed at the difference this program has made in a very short time. Four years ago I lost about 50 pounds intentionally, way too much body fat. Unfortunately, at the same time I lost a bunch of muscle mass and started to actually feel weak and wobbly. Now, I can already feel this 70 year old body returning to what it used to be, at least as good as it can be for my age. This is going to be a long term project for me.
    Awesome!

Good for you!

Start a log so we can watch your progress and encourage you.

Quote Originally Posted by jbirdsall View Post
    But each time I repeated over a three week period the bar got lower and lower on my back. Yesterday, it was finally in the perfect position.
    It's a cinch by the inch. Congratulations on your persistence.

starting strength coach development program
    Congrats! Starting Strength is a game changer.